Application Engineer- Oakland County
Acts as the point contact person for a designated automotive OEM customer (ex. Honda, Toyota, FCA, GM, etc.). May be in charge of more than one customer. Provides a consistently high level of excellent customer service with good attention to detail, the ability to predict customer needs before they become issues, and being constantly available to meet customer requests such as plant visits, meeting requests and etc. This position requires 10-20% travel to various customer facilities. Required to personally make 3D CAD changes to parts and update drawings. Also required to maintain engineering documents such as drawings, DVP&R's, DFMEA's and other similar deliverables.
1. Supports customer meetings of any form - plant visits, engineering meetings, information sessions, etc.
2. Assists in cost reduction ideas for current production parts.
3. Coordinates engineering activities with parent company.
4. Helps with testing and DVP&R reports.
5. Helps with creating and maintaining Fault-Tree-Analysis and/or DFMEAs.
6. Conduct face-to-face meetings with customer engineering groups.
7. Utilizes company system and collaborate with manufacturing groups to enable tracking of all design changes.
8. Maintain customer open issues lists and take/publish clear and concise meeting notes.
9. Collaborate with sales team to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
10. Create and update 3D CAD and 2D drawings for any engineering changes.
11. Uses self-initiative and good judgment to resolve customer issues while protecting company reputation and profitability.
12. Approach design changes with a keen attention to cost, weight and performance.
13. Maintain and project a positive attitude at all times.
14. Complete additional tasks and assignments given by Supervisor/Manager.
15. Maintain consistent and regular attendance for all company and customer meetings.
Sr. Technical Recruiter