Manufacturing Engineer- Wayne County
Primary Job Function:
Support new vehicle development and ongoing series production of company systems. Develop manufacturing systems for series production. Establish and maintain production system performance requirements. Develop process improvements to, and provide day to day support of, plant production tooling and equipment. Support VA/VE, DFM/DFA and related activities to facilitate design alternatives that improve product manufacturing feasibility, efficiency and effectiveness. Represent manufacturing in cross functional teams to develop, launch and support series production.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Define and develop manufacturing processes for Cabrio systems.
• Design and development of manufacturing equipment for series production.
• Establish and maintain equipment specifications and performance requirements for product manufacturing equipment including EPV
• Provide day to day support of production manufacturing processes.
• Assess production processes for continuous improvement to address process variances.
• Create and maintain process documentation including process flow charts, characteristic matrix, process illustrations, PFMEA, control plans, process sheets, visual aids, gage instructions, control charts and others.
• Support product team VA/VE, DFM/DFA and related processes to meet product and manufacturing process and/or ergonomic optimization objectives.
• Interface with customer regarding manufacturing solutions.
• Utilize Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, TPM, problem solving, corrective action and root cause analysis principles.
• Drive technical requirements, support sourcing decisions and manage equipment integrator and tool vendor activities. for plant production equipment, gauges and tooling.
• Assist with requirements and implementation of TS16949.
• Ensure compliance with TS16949, customer requirements, procedures, and standards
• Minimize expenditures through efficient development of equipment. Responsible for tooling and CapEx budgets.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent level of experience.
• Understanding of manufacturing engineering with respect to one or more of these areas: automated assembly equipment, complex product assemblies, mechanisms, metal and plastic forming, fastening technologies, tooling, gauges, and varied production processes.
• Understanding of Lean Mfg, Kaizen, TPM, corrective action and root cause analysis programs or tools.
• Understanding of FMEA and GD&T.
• Knowledge of JIT and JIS Production Systems.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other applications.
• Knowledge of MES, SAP or similar production systems.
• Excellent problem solving, communication and organizational skills.