Product Engineer- Oakland County
Please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org that will be held in confidence until we both agree this is a good match
I look forward to speaking with you and discovering what your next career move could be.
Develop, design and improve new and existing automotive products. Generally complete the following duties and responsibilities under the guidance and direction of senior engineering personnel and or engineering management.
· May be responsible for changes based on new requirements or packaging constraints, or may contribute to the application of new technology. Generally assigned to increasingly complex components, sub-assemblies and systems.
· Coordinate the complete development for the designated products including, but not limited to design, build and test activities, in accordance with standard operating procedures and the product delivery process.
· Incorporate customer requirements, regulations and product specifications into the design of the designated products, ensuring compliance with operational, cost, timing, safety, reliability, quality, and manufacturing feasibility parameters.
· Analyze products and formulates engineering conclusions by the application of engineering and/or mathematical principles and tools. Applies Quality Function Deployment (QFD), Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA), Design of Experiments (DOE), Pugh Analysis, Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VA/VE), and Design for Manufacturing/Design for Assembly (DFM/DFA) in the development of the product.
· Write/compile engineering content for the following deliverables: engineering specifications and documentation, including DVP&R’s, 8D’s, GD&T, BOM, prototype control plans, key product characteristics, engineering changes and work orders.
· Consult and collaborate with personnel in various engineering and design activities relative to product development requirements. Conduct effective communications within the project team and the customer, supplier, manufacturing and quality communities with guidance from engineering management and senior engineering personnel. Maintain all appropriate documentation.
· Provide engineering direction and support to design personnel.
· Review and approve engineering designs. Review, approve, complete, and submit required change notices to ensure design outputs meet design inputs.
· Independently prioritize the completion of tasks and resolution of issues to ensure compliance to program deliverables. Contribute to the development of project timing.
· Maintain Good Housekeeping of the area
· Ensure adherence to company, departmental and health and safety systems and policies to meet legislative requirements.
Knowledge and Education
Bachelor’s degree (or Bachelor’s equivalency) in Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum 3 years diversified engineering experience
Ability to apply academic and other engineering principles in the development of automotive components.
Must be able to read blue prints. Basic competency in CAD and GD&T.
Working knowledge of statistical methods, i.e. APQP, DFSS.
Must be able to apply academic principles and utilize math-based tools.
Strong communication skills: verbal and written.
Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully complete multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines.
Demonstrated successful performance with independent problem solving and presentations.
Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer, may require travel.
Manager Talent Acquisition
Sr. Executive Technical Recruiter